Version 0.42.1 released (BETA)
A smaller update containing fixes, graphics and autonomous fleets.
– [feature] Improved context help. Now it can be done with community’s help (check Steam forums).
– [feature] Projects audience event triggers only if there are some projects left. Projects appear in random order each game (replayability).
– [feature] Autonomous fleets work (very primitive and rough). Available only if activated tester mode.
– [interface] Competence and loyalty fleet bars.
– [interface] Fixed female portraits hats (aligned with hair).
– [interface] Redone resources graphics (new style, consistent, recolourable). Beautified industry/resources screen.
– [fix] Fixed undead admirals They die properly now.
Version 0.42 released (BETA)
Mostly balance and features related to balance (prestige mechanic redone). Also interface improvements and first archeology mechanic (unfinished).
– [feature] Prestige gained per era (from planets and population), removed instant bonus to prestige from planets, older saves auto convert prestige. Prestige gain per turn from palace budget.
– [feature] Only admirals of fleets that have some ships will report during an audience, more detailed reports of admirals during an audience.
– [feature] Extended storylines a bit.
– [feature] Archaeologist events (primitive and unfinished).
– [feature] More technologies.
– [balance] Adjusted starting number of ships in squadrons.
– [balance] AI squadron size cap adjusted (depends on difficulty, also offensive squadrons have much bigger cap), balanced AI reinforcement.
– [balance] Ships require 5x more minerals to be built.
– [balance] Pirates power halved.
– [balance] Rebels readiness reduction audience options less effective.
– [balance] Stronger rebels.
– [interface] Beautified some reports (planet pictures and data).
– [interface] Personnel dead report shows more details and a picture of the character.
– [interface] Fixed Disband squadron button placement.
– [interface] Difficulty description.
– [interface] Better Empire/Summary screen (many new tooltips).
– [interface] Summon admiral button disabled during audience (greyed out and can’t click it), to avoid confusion when you should summon an admiral.
– [fix] Partial fix of INPUTTEXT for saves (cleared text upon entering load/save mode).
– [fix] Fixed bug (ShipDesign =0 not produced) where Falcons were never produced in fleet 1.
– [misc] EndTurn order change: ships produced after minerals are gathered.
– [misc] For testing only: Fleet Orders tab with primitive options, to see how it could work (visible only if you activated TesterMode).
Version 0.41 released (BETA)
Females has been successfully cloned by the Imperial Office of Genetics (female portraits implemented)!
This is a smaller update, interface, graphics and a lot of balancing. In addition minerals work slightly different now (factories are required to process them which act as a short term (but not a long term) cap for ship production).
– [feature] Factories determine how many minerals can be processed into ships per turn (which is rarely a bottleneck, the primary use of factories is still providing maintenance for ships). Removal of minerals storage capacity (not needed anymore since factories now act as a limiter of rapid ships production).
– [feature] Scrap old ships for minerals (50% regained).
– [balance] Ships have more guns (overall more damage and thus shorter battles).
– [balance] Adjusted technologies.
– [balance] Adjusted starting squadrons for the player (no more missing border squadrons). Scenario #3 bigger starting fleet. Better distribution of starting border fleets (especially for scenarios with many starting planets).
– [balance] AI economy & reinforcements adjusted heavily.
– [music] Music changes when rebellion or transdimensional aliens invasion starts.
– [interface] Added in game manual. Also updated the manual.
– [interface] Changelog on main screen.
– [interface] Beautified Congratulations and Game Over screens (background pictures, buttons).
– [interface] Female portraits.
– [interface] Minerals (industry) tooltip provide more information, like how many were processed last turn.
– [interface] Beautification of squadron selector.
– [interface] More events/reports pictures (it’s still a placeholder art!)
– [interface] More detailed information of alien economy and military budget on intelligence screen.
– [fix] Fixed some functionality used by late start scenarios.
– [fix] HowToPlay cleaned, removed some obsolete information.
– [fix] Smaller fixes.
Version 0.40 released (BETA)
A big update, the whole combat was redesigned and finished. Similarly all military technologies were adjusted and finished, tons of new techs were added as well. So, with this update, the most confusing parts of the game (combat and technologies) should be much more clear and work as described.
– [feature] New ship abilities, all existing ship abilities work.
– [feature] Ship components (as technologies).
– [feature] Accuracy and critical hits mechanics.
– [feature] Officer skills add to each stack separately (accuracy and critical hit chance based on officer’s skill, luck and bonuses).
– [feature] Tractor beam and maneuvering mechanics.
– [feature] Fighters and Heavy fighters implemented.
– [feature] Different types of ship weapons (Laser, Ion, Plasma), some of those have bonuses vs specific targets.
– [feature] Hull structure types.
– [feature] More alien hulls and more diverse hulls.
– [feature] More starting hulls for the Empire.
– [feature] Rare resources redesigned and finished.
– [feature] Almost finished all technologies, all existing technologies work as intended.
– [feature] Many more technologies.
– [feature] Late start scenarios (like Rebellion) start with some technologies researched.
– [feature] New scenario “#3 Decline of the Empire” (unfinished).
– [feature] Improved galaxy generator.
– [removed] Removed fleet modernization mechanic, fleet specialization (bonus vs alien race) and fleet summary tabs
– [removed] Removed crystals rare resource.
– [balance] Science level bonuses adjusted.
– [balance] Budget bonus to research points generation increased.
– [balance] Fleet budget effect changed (accuracy and maneuverability).
– [balance] Aliens improve their technologies each era.
– [interface] Improved combat logs, tooltips greatly improved.
– [interface] Combat summery page redesigned.
– [interface] Beautification of shipyard page.
– [interface] Beautified planet list.
– [interface] Changed planet rare resource display and map rare resource display (bigger on low zoom).
– [interface] Support for female portraits added (graphics was not finished for this version yet).
– [interface] Intelligence screen lists alien ship designs (Military tab).
– [interface] Option to disable fps counter (options).
– [fix] Fixed all known battle related bugs.
Version 0.34.1 released (BETA)
A quick version mostly containing important fixes also some interface improvements.
– [feature] Major races will like Empire more as long as you have fewer planets (bonus to relations).
– [interface] Rename fleet option finished.
– [interface] Option to change fleet’s color (on Rename fleet screen).
– [interface] Improved intelligence screen (number of planets, tooltips, separate military, etc).
– [fix] Battle “zero damage” bug fixed.
– [fix] Fixed not working SHIFT key on Shipyard screen.
Version 0.34 released (BETA)
Redesigned combat mechanic to make it more intuitive. Court movement rules simplified and adjusted to encourage moving incompetent courtiers to lower rank positions instead of firing them. Also a big spellchecking.
– [feature] Hulls changed, now those have a single type of gun with min-max damage and armor + shields that ignore X damage. Also some special abilities changed.
– [feature] Fighters added, those try to bomb enemy ships while suffering PD fire.
– [feature] Rifts are now sealed only after unlocking such ability via Threat From Another Dimension storyline.
– [feature] Fleets have names and a Rename fleet option (for now only selection of predefined names).
– [balance] The Hive will not spawn new units if they lost a planet orbit. Adjusted The Hive attacks power (max distance).
– [balance] Court movement costs simplified (all moves cost 1 point regardless of rank) and the cost of banishing a courtier increased. This change make it easier to move courtiers around and harder to get rid of them. More political points (8 instead of 6).
– [balance] Guaranteed at least one courtier from each faction upon game start.
– [balance] More starting fleets and squadrons and better starting ships distribution.
– [interface] Big spellcheck, like 98% of spelling errors were fixed. Changed language to American English.
– [interface] Beautified reports (and bigger report picture).
– [interface] Changed squadron naming convention.
– [interface] Better tooltip for court unbalance (explained effect of stability), beautified court screen.
– [interface] Ownership listed in squadron’s tooltip (aliens only).
– [interface] Many improvements in battle display. Summary of ship classes at top. Additional prominent logs button after first phase. Close buttons for (logs/summary windows). Tooltips for battlelogs. Cute “get closer” effect for combat units.
– [fix] Fixed the new game blank main menu window bug.
– [fix] Many other smaller fixes.
Version 0.33 released (BETA)
In this version I was focusing on finishing numerous smaller unfinished and unpolished features. Especially interface got a lot of improvements, and traditionally tooltips are more descriptive now. In addition there is a manual in the game folder! Finally, should have made one earlier.
– [feature] Finished edicts (6th category Administration category). Also polished descriptions of existing edicts.
– [feature] New population growth formula.
– [feature] Low stability affects rebel points generation (another source of rebel points). Note that low stability can be caused by court factions unbalance and events.
– [feature] New technologies, some existing technologies changed.
– [feature] More energy sources (nuclear, geothermal, solar), unlocked by various technologies. Also level of Energy science grants bonus electricity (nuclear energy).
– [removed] Removed crew mechanic. Redundant and not that great afterall. The game is complex enough without this.
– [balance] Deserts can’t produce food anymore.
– [balance] Stormtroopers deployment mechanic adjusted to allow deployment of all stormtroopers on a single planet (no more 1/5 per planet limit). It was confusing and not really needed.
– [interface] More prominent planetary development level display (since it’s quite important).
– [interface] Quality of life renamed to life rating, also made a nice graphical indicator instead of a number (numbers are available of course in a tooltip, I would never take away a number from your eyes).
– [interface] Better display (icons) of planetary deposits (food/minerals/gas) with tooltips what these are used for.
– [interface] Merged Specialization and Subsidy tabs under Administration tab (planet).
– [interface] Hats in the court portraits only for Heads of departments
– [interface] Greyed out not implemented audience buttons (chancellor and guard).
– [interface] Better tooltip for population growth (explains how exactly it works, with all the factors).
– [interface] Better tooltip for corruption (governors vs court) on finance screen.
– [interface] Better tooltip for credits (includes income and corruption).
– [interface] Cleaned up battle casualties report tooltip.
– [interface] Additional descriptions of the Empire (intelligence screen) to explain better some rules.
– [interface] More icons for research effect types.
– [fix] Fixed so AI does not spawn defensive squadrons if no orbit control.
– [misc] Manual (finally!) in the game folder and on the website ( http://www.pocketspaceempire.com/manual/ ).
Version 0.32 released (BETA)
Rebellion is here! Finally, the Also department related audience events and advanced customization (audience frequency, era length, etc) upon game start.
– [feature] Rebellion finished. Rebellion will start when rebel readiness reach 100% (you can slow it down via various audience decisions). Then they take over some planets politically, afterwards they will spawn rebel squadrons (strength based on rebel power, which again can be reduced via various audience choices) and start attacking planets loyal to the Empire. If you fail to crush the rebels in a timely manner the prestige of Empire will start to fall and eventually the Empire will collapse.
– [feature] Department related audience events. There are two pools of events, good and bad. Competence of the department affects from which pool the next event will be drawn. At the moment there are few of such events, but the nice things is most of those are semi random, so some options will differ the next time you get the same event.
– [feature] Advanced customization option upon the game start. You can adjust audiences frequency, era length, rebels strength, etc.
– [feature] Races are chosen randomly upon game start.
– [feature] Diplomatic incident/success event changed to diplomatic opportunity event and it has semi random options.
– [feature] Tutorial audience event (TIPS), optionally available (options). At the moment it’s disabled on default since it has very few tips. If you have ideas for tips, post those on the Steam group.
– [interface] Rebels details on the summary screen improved.
– [interface] Diplomacy event renamed to Ambassador (if ambassador summoned) to make it more distinctive from the diplomatic opportunity event.
– [interface] Cleanup of audience options description (more uniform).
– [interface] Numerous smaller beautifications.
Note: As with each such big balance changing update I’m not sure if I got the rebels power right. You can try to adjust it via Advanced customization setting, also you can edit data/balance.ini. Please post on our Steam group if you find rebels too strong/week or too rare/frequent.
Version 0.31 released (BETA)
An update focusing mostly on espionage. Also interface improvements and new department related audience events based on courtiers competence (partially implemented).
– [feature] Firing admirals results in a risk of loyalty drop among military personnel (the chance is based on number of admirals you fired this era). All this is explained nicely in a tooltip, as usual.
– [feature] Espionage focus on intelligence screen. Allows you prioritize whom you want to spy more often.
– [feature] Espionage effects introduced. There are 4 espionage effects (satellite network access, bribed politician, hull structure plans, virus in defensive system) and you select which one you want (not all might be available all the time) upon a successful espionage event. All effects expire at the end of era.
– [feature] Department events. Each audience 1-2 heads of departments will attend with a department related issue. There are Good and Bad events, which one you get depends on the competence of the department (you can see the chances breakdown on the Court/Department screen). Note that the actual department events are not implemented yet, so you will get just placeholders (these will be done next version).
– [feature] Crushing rebellion decreases a chance for future rebellions. Note that rebellion is not implemented yet, so this code is just a way to prepare for this (you can see all the rebellion related variables on the Empire/Summary screen).
– [balance] Fewer civilized races in a standard game, there were just too many of them at once. Instead I will try to add more special races.
– [interface] Claims explained better (tooltip)
– [interface] Intelligence screen beautified and simplified and more detailed at once! Moved some info to tooltips and gave more detailed tooltips also colours for aliens races relations.
– [interface] Beautification of alien ambassadors on audience (race name displayed, much more clear now).
– [interface] Better tooltips for rebellion points generation (who contributed how many points, previous turn generation).
– [interface] Map tooltip shows planet owner’s name and an icon of planet type. Map tooltip doesn’t show unexplored planets anymore (the owner is always displayed).
– [interface] When on intelligence screen the minimap highlights planets belonging to that race.
Version 0.30.2 released (BETA)
An update that brings you Luxuries and redesigned rare resources. Also numerous fixes and more descriptive tooltips that should make it all more clear.
– [feature] Rare resources redesigned and added luxury resources (affect happiness). Check Industry/Rare resources tab.
– [feature] Added a small flavour to the galaxy generator, but it’s a secret
– [removed] Removed education (actually renamed to simple +X% to research points per turn, much less confusing now).
– [removed] Removed redundant intelligence attack warning (since it’s already reported in Battle).
– [interface] Improved happiness tooltip to show a breakdown what affects it. Also redone the food tooltip. Now it’s much more clear what affects what.
– [fix] Fixed infrastructure budget bug
– [fix] Fixed Viceadmiral promotion bug
– [fix] Fixed happiness wrong on the first turn bug